Retail Price: $19.00
This beautiful, high-quality hardcover book tells the inspiring story of Carl Benz - inventor of the automobile – in the form of a vibrant, colorful comic book.
With the greatest attention to artistic detail and historic accuracy, Carl Benz' fascinating life is presented through speech bubbles and engaging illustrations, drawing in the reader at every page. Commissioned by the Mercedes-Benz Museum, extensive research was conducted at the Mercedes-Benz Archives by the book's publisher. This provided both the book's author and illustrator a wealth of information and photographic material.
The Carl Benz book is simple to understand for children yet captivating to read for adults, suitable for any age.
- 52 pages
- Dimensions: 12 1/2" x 9"
- Internationally renowned comic strip artist Willy Harold Williamson is an expert in historical subjects and has published comic books for over 50 years.
- Martin Grunewald is an established author and journalist. His biggest challenge with this project was to incorporate as many facts as possible, while preserving the simplicity of comic book text.
- In order to achieve the impression of depth with a three-dimensional effect, color in each highly-detailed drawing was applied by an artist in three separate layers, a very complex, time-consuming process.
- The book’s publisher is a specialist in historical comics for over 25 years.
- Mercedes-Benz historic stars and logos adorn the book’s inside front